As everyone is aware, in our community the overflow parking spaces are allotted for “GUEST PARKING” only. This has been an issue with some residents.
This year, the Board has taken the resident feedback under consideration again and has developed a plan to attempt and accommodate the needs of the community, while preserving our home values with allocated and ample parking reserved for each homeowner’s guests.
The board decided to free up ten of the parking spaces for resident use, on a temporary basis. This will be allocated. As five spaces in each of the parking areas. A few parameters go along with their use:
- Residents must use their garage and driveway to the fullest extent as is the current policy. Do not rely on one of the spaces being open for your continued use.
- Garages are for vehicles, as aligned to the rules and regulations.
- Parking spots for residents will be labeled as such and are for Resident Use Only.
- Parking spots are NOT for any one resident to use permanently.
- Parking spots may be used by residents, on a interim basis, for a maximum of 48 hours. No storage of vehicles, as is the current rule.
- Please do not use any of the other “Guest” spaces if the initial ten Resident spots are full. You will be required to use your own driveway and garage if one of the ten spots are not available to you.
- Violations are subject to fines and/or towing, consistent with the current rules and regulations.
We hope this accommodates some of the community needs around parking flexibility. We know there is no panacea to this issue, but do believe this will alleviate much of the desire for flexibility on a short-term basis. We are asking everyone to please not use a space if it is not necessary.
We will be updating the rules and regulation to accommodate this new rule. Once the Rules and Regulations are updated, a copy will be sent to each homeowner and the lettering will be completed. You will be notified once that is complete that the ten spots may be utilized. Until the above official notice is sent, please continue to abide by the current Rules and Regulations.
Please call Paula babb at Zuber Realty with any questions.